Sunday 24 July 2011

On recent events.

No, this isn't a rant. I wish to express something about this weeks events. What we saw in Oslo and Utoeya was the worst kind of tragedy. The man, if we can call him that, dealt an unforgettable hell to all of those people, both on the island and in the capital and yet the Norwegians did not respond with cowardice or hatred but merely promised that they will become a more tolerant and open society. To me, personally, this tragedy has really affected me. It happened in a country I could possibly call my own, in and around a city I grew up in. One of the most beautiful countries in the world fell victim to a horrific act, by a hateful person.

I feel for every single family who has lost a relative, everyone who has lost a loved one. There's not much more I can really say, words don't seem to be enough, but I am thinking about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment