Tuesday 27 July 2010

Bluesy desires.

Alright on a less personal note; I have a strong and uncontrolable desire to play the blues. Not just randomly jam, but with someone, but alas, there is no one bar my father who seems interested. A father-son collabaration may be in order. I feel that I do not have the right guitar for it. A fender stratocaster will leave a nice bluesy feel and have a similar feel, but it'll lead to the inevitable Gilmour sound as there's no other way to play a Strat, for me anyway.

So I may end up buying a telecaster anyway...

Right, onto matters of news and such. Recently, the website Wikileaks revealed a damning intelligent report about NATO led actions in Afghanistan, which details civilian deaths, soldiers acting without orders and the seemingly assassin like nature of U.S special forces.

I understand the freedom of the press and I implore the idea of censorship. But surely there should be a line, where journalists don't go. Information is powerful, it can destroy governments. But when it puts our forces in danger, that's shakey ground. A number of people will belay that this demonstrates the pointless nature of the conflict in Afghanistan and yes the figures are deeply disturbing and condemn actions. But frankly, this should happen after the war. The figures in some of these documents show information which could be used against our own forces and thus endanger troops. I don't care if you think war is bad. These people are our soldiers. Death is bad, war is bad. But it's unstoppable.

Wikileaks is an idiot.

2 comments:

  1. civilian deaths in a war? NO WAY
    soldiers acting like arses? No WAY!!!
    U.S. Special Forces acting like death machines? please wait while I retrieve my shocked face.

    Wikileaks is just giving proof (again) to the things we already knew. It doesn't change anything at all. Now if only people can stop acting all surprised about this NON-news and go back to living productive lives, maybe we can start getting things straightened out back at home.

    Best of luck on the father-son collab, Heretic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting - and an unexpected comment. I know there' all these liberal sons-of-dogs are screaming about dead children and bombed homes but it's what will happen.

    Silly liberals.
    And thanks!

    ReplyDelete