Tuesday 15 March 2011

Headlights on the hillside...

Some call it a gift - the ability to read another. There are somedays when I see this apparent trait as one. But, in reality. It's just guesswork and paranoia. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I admit my flaws more readily then others, in fact - I hardly have anything but flaws to say about myself at all. Negativity and pessimism are second nature to me. If you're reading this and expecting some blog post about how I'm going to change this, jog on. My pessimism is my shield and my negativity is my armour. I can't possibly change these, they define and control me to the point where they are second nature.

Perhaps I'm just too comfortable in my whirlpool of despair and self loathing. Perhaps my strange undefinable complex is just...who am I and that others who constantly ask me to be optimistic should just go away.

'Always look on the bright side of life' is a good song, sure, but the only time I'd look at the bright side is if it was a fire burning my home to pitiful cinders.

What a happy post.

Back to Joy Division!

1 comment:

  1. I understand - just remember there are people out there who love and accept you. You don't need to change yourself because you're brilliant as you are.

    ReplyDelete